Submitted by niuaadmin on 19 March 2017 - 9:22am
The objective of the study are as follows:
- Review the current state of implementation of various mandatory and discretionary provisions of the Constitution (74th Amendment) Act;
- Number of urban local bodies (ULBs) in each State along with their names;
- Number of councilors number of women councilors, number of councilors belonging to Scheduled caste (SC) , Scheduled Tribe(ST), Backward Classes (BC).
- Number of SC/ST chairpersons;
- Level of devolution of functional and financial powers to ULBs;
- Compilation of functional powers with reference to functions given in the 12th Schedule and other functions not included in the 12th Schedule (separate for Municipal Councils and Municipal Corporation);
- Compilation of financial powers devolved upon ULBs (separate for Municipal Councils and Municipal Corporation);
- Examine the functioning of wards communities; their composition and functions;
- Examine the constitution and functioning of the State Finance Commissions and compilation of recommendations of first SFC and second SFC,acceptance and implementation by the State;Governments;
- Examine the functioning of District Planning Committees and Metropolitan Planning Committees along with their functions and composition;
- Identify the areas for further reforms and improvement.
List of tables with the subtitles –
|1.1||Institution-wise States Covered in this Study - Sl.No. , Name of Institution, Name of states Covered.|
|1.2||Items on which data have been collected by the Four Institutions for this Study - Sl.No., State/UT, No. of ULBs & Name of ULBs , No.of councilors - women, SC,ST,BC , No. of chairpersons – SC, ST , Compilation of Functional powers/status of 18 functions , Compilation of Financial Powers , Ward Committees , SFCs DPCs and MPCs , Reforms .|
|2.1||State-wise Data on Number of Urban Local Bodies in India - Sl.No., State/UT, Number of Urban Local Bodies - Municipal Corporation , Municipal Council , Nagar Panchayat, Total.|
|2.2||State-wise Data on Number of Councilors, Number of Women Councilors, Number of Councilors Belong to SC/ST/BC category - Sl.No., State/UT, Number of Councilors – All Municipal Corporation ,All Municipal Council ,All Nagar Panchayat,|
|2.3||State-wise Data on Number of SC/ST Chairpersons - Sl.No., State/UT, Number of Chairpersons. (SC/ST/Total).|
|2.4||Method of Electing Mayor, Chairperson and Councilor in ULBs -Sl.No. State/UT, Municipal Corporation, Municipal Council.|
|2.5||Elections to Municipalities in India - Sl.No. State/UT, Year in which last elections held.|
|2.6||Status on Implementation of 18 Functions Listed in the twelfth Schedule - Function, Assam, Tripura, West Bengal.|
|2.7||Taxes and Non taxes to be levied by Municipal Corporations as per the Municipal Acts - Bihar, Utter Pradesh, West Bengal (Calcutta municipal Corporation).|
|2.8||Taxes and Non taxes to be levied by Municipal Council as per the Municipal Acts - Assam, Bihar, Manipur, Sikkim, Tripura, Utter Pradesh, West Bengal.|
|2.9||State-wise Information on Functioning of Ward (s) Committees in India - Sl.No. State/UT, Number of WCs, Composition of WCs , Functions of WCs.|
|2.1||State-wise Information on Status of State Finance Committees in India - Sl.No. State/UT, First SFC-Date of Constitution, Date of Submission of Report, Second SFC - Date of Constitution, Date of Submission of Report, Status of Action taken reports- First, Second.|
|2.11||Number of Key First and Second SFC Recommendations by States - Sl.No. State, First Recommendation – Total , For ULBs/urban areas ,For PRI/rural areas , Common for ULBs/PRIs/State Govt. , Second SFC Recommendations - Total , For ULBs/urban areas ,For PRI/rural areas , Common for ULBs/PRIs/State Govt.|
|2.12||Status of Action taken on Key First and Second SFC Recommendations - Sl.No. State, Status of First SFC Recommendations, Status of Second SFC Recommendations.|
|2.13||Key Recommendations and Action Taken - Sl.No. State, Actions Taken on Key Recommendations and status of recommendation.|
|2.14||State wise Information on Functioning of District Planning Committees in India - Sl.No. State/UT, Number of DPCs, Composition of DPCs.|
|2.15||State-wise Information on Functioning of Metropolitan Planning Committees - Sl.No. State/UT, Number of MPCs, Composition of MPCs.|
|2.16||Area for further reforms and improvement - Sl.No. State/UT, Name of State/UT, Areas.|
|3.1||tate - wise Compliance of the 74th Amendment Act Provisions - Sl.No. State/UT, Constitution of ULBs, Reservation of seats , Regular conduct of elections , Constitution of WCs , Constitution of DPCs, Constitution of MPCs, Constitution of SFCs.|
Volume II – Annexure
- Name of urban local bodies – Sl. No. , Name of ULBs, Total nos. of the ward, and urban population as per the census 2001, Number of BPL families, No. of BPL population.
- Functions/ duties of urban local bodies.
- Status on implementation of 18 functions listed in the twelfth schedule.
- Financial powers of urban local bodies.
- Legislative provision of key first and second SFC.
- Compilation of key first and second SFC recommendations.
- Legislative provisions for constitutions of DPCs and MPCs.