Sector Coordinator – Transport Planning
The Master Plan for Delhi 2041 (MPD-2041) would be the guiding framework for the growth and development of Delhi till 2041. It is a continuation of the master planning exercise carried out by Delhi Development Authority regularly since 1962, when the first master plan of the city was prepared. The MPD 2041 would strive to focus on an enabling environment for development/redevelopment of the city to enhance its livability and improve the quality of life of its residents.
The planning for MPD-2041 provides an opportune moment to re-evaluate the planning process and make it both enabling of reforms and responsive to the ground realities of the city of Delhi. Delhi needs to adopt a strategic approach rather than traditional master plans of landuse. Such an approach facilitates a phased rollout of redevelopment while incrementally closing infrastructure gaps over the period of the master plan. National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is collaborating with Delhi Development Authority (DDA) as its knowledge partner for the preparation of an Enabling Strategic Plan for the Master Plan of Delhi – 2041, for a period of four years commencing July, 2017.
This is a crucial project for the city of Delhi, and NIUA has set up a multi-disciplinary team of experts for this purpose. NIUA is expanding the team in order to have the right combination of experience, expertise and skills to maximize the quality of the project deliverables.
Qualification: Master's Degree in Transport Planning (preferable)/other planning degree with substantial work experience in Urban Transport Planning may be considered.
Knowledge and Experience: 8-12 years of relevant work experience in the area of urban transport planning (preferably at city level). Must possess cross-sector knowledge in areas of urban planning, housing, services, infrastructure, ToD etc. Experience in preparation of city level transportation plan such as City Mobility Plan, traffic improvement plan, TOD proposal, etc. Knowledge of issues and policies related to urban and public transport in India and Delhi particularly is essential. Substantial professional experience/research/both in the relevant areas. Demonstrate leadership qualities to handle a team of professionals and be responsible for the deliverables of the sector during the planning process.
Technical Proficiency and Computer Skills: Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills towards preparation of strategic plans focusing on urban transport issues, needs, and requirements. Sufficient familiarity with transportation surveys, mapping software such as Auto CAD and GIS, transportation software such as Saturn, etc. is preferred. Knowledge of MS office programmes - Word and Excel is essential.
Written and Verbal Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication in English (essential) and Hindi (desirable). Would be responsible for preparation of final sector reports and presentations.
- Applicant can fill in the online form and upload detailed CV and cover letter clearly stating the relevant experience and suitability for the position applied (in pdf format).
- Applications should be submitted before 05:00 p.m., 18 December, 2018.
- Mention ‘MPD’ and the position applied for in the subject line of your cover letter, for e.g. ‘Application for MPD – Research Associate (Urban Economics)’.
- Applicants are supposed to provide names and contact information (preferably phone and email) of two referees (professional) in their cover letter. The referees should be senior professionals of the same or related field, and should have known the applicant directly, to be able to testify about the abilities of the applicant.
- After careful scrutiny, suitable candidates shall be shortlisted for interviews. The decision of selection lies with NIUA and no queries regarding this matter would be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates appearing for interviews should bring portfolios, publications, writing samples etc. with them.
- Originals of certificates, degrees etc. would be verified only at the time of offer.
- No TA and DA will be provided to the shortlisted candidates attending the interview.
The following positions are currently available in the MPD 2041 Team. Refer the detailed requirements of qualification and professional experience for each position before applying.
- 1 Sector Coordinator (8 – 12 years’ experience)
Location of positions:
The positions would be based in Delhi and candidates would be placed at NIUA or DDA offices as per need. Travel as required.
Terms of hiring:
The MPD project duration is 4 years and will continue till July, 2021. Positions would be offered on a contractual basis. Contracts would be offered for a period of one year and extendable annually based on satisfactory performance evaluation. Candidates would also receive yearly salary increment as per the rules of the organization. During the contract period, the appointed candidates may be assigned work related to other projects if such a need is felt within the organization.
Remuneration is at par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration would be required.