During the exercise of “ClimateSmart Cities Assessment Framework”, some of the best practices followed by Imagine Panaji Smart City Development Limited (IPSCDL) are as follows:
- Mr. Shrikant Lawande, Municipal Engineer Gr-III, Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP – the Urban Local Body) was appointed as the Nodal Officer to liaison with IPSCDL.
- To ensure that the Nodal officers and the cities are well conversant of the subject, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, organized a one-day workshop on 13th July 2019 at Pune. The said workshop was attended by the Nodal officer, ClimateSmart Cities Assessment Framework, from Panaji.
- Post the workshop, a stakeholders' meeting was convened by the Nodal officer, Imagine Panaji Smart City Development Limited on 19th July, 2019 and the said meeting was attended by the representatives of the Office of Collector, North Goa, Public Works Department (PWD), Sewerage, Directorate of Health Services, Goa Energy Development Agency (GEDA), Forest Department, Goa State Pollution Control Board, Town and Country Planning, North Goa Planning and Development Authority, Goa Electricity Department, Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited, PWD, Water Supply, Directorate of Transport. The officials were given a detailed presentation of the CSC-AF and a demo was done regarding the data upload.
- IPSCDL also ensured the issuance of an Office Memorandum to make aware all the State Government departments on the importance of data collection drives with the approval of the Government, and was issued by the Chief Secretary, Goa. In the Office Memorandum, it was stated that in order to ensure that high priority is accorded to all matters pertaining to data generation, all the Department heads, Managing Directors/Chief Executive Officers/Commissioners/Member Secretaries, were directed to issue necessary orders to their respective offices, including their subordinate offices, to respond expeditiously to assimilate and collect data spanning across various parameters, as and when sought, in a time-bound manner. Copy of the said Office Memorandum is enclosed.
- Additionally, a dedicated stakeholders' meeting was organized by IPSCDL at Adil Shah Palace, where the Nodal officer explained to the representatives of all the departments about the Assessment Framework and the usability, workflow of the online portal, csc.niua. org.
- In furtherance to the above, IPSCDL took the initiative of forming a Task Force internally, having members from the IT Division, HR Division and General Administration Division to provide active support to the Nodal Officer to ensure that the data was collected in a time-bound manner and uploaded accordingly.