To achieve the exercise in a timely and fruitful manner, the CEO of Chandigarh Smart City Ltd. (CSCL) appointed Mr. N. P Sharma, General Manager (T&E) as the Nodal officer for CSCAF. Further the appointment of the nodal officer, an in-house team was also formed that included Ms. Shaveta Sharma, Company Secretary and Mr. Sahil Kumar Gupta, Deputy Manager (Engg.) to collect the required information from various sources. The procedure evolved was as follows:
- All clarification was sought w.r.t the nature of data required and purpose of use.
- The data required were segregated to define the department which can provide the correct information in minimum possible time.
- The data formats, as defined by the team specified above had been shared with each of the respective departments and were asked to prepare the available information the next day.
- Key personnel of all concerned departments were invited to attend the video-conference (VC) held on 5th July 2019 under the chairmanship of the Joint Secretary & Mission Director (Smart Cities) where the importance of this task was disseminated. On the same day, a detailed presentation was given to the representative of the concerned departments.
- From 6th July 2019 onwards, the core team started visiting the respective departments to collect the information required from each one of them and at the end of the day, compiled everything together.
- Weekly meetings were scheduled to review the progress and resolve any query.
- Consequent three meetings were held to review information and data collected, and to clarify various queries of the departments in understanding the correct source of data.
- The team remained in touch with the sector experts from the Ministry’s Project Management Unit to clarify various doubts and simultaneously uploaded the data in the portal as soon as information gathered to avoid wastage of time.
This process also helped the Smart City team in having a clear understanding of various departments in the city level, their functions and roles, and primarily, the nature of data that is available with them. This was also a great learning experience.