The 14 FC has recommended Grant-in-aid to duly constituted Municipalities (ULBs) in two parts, namely - (i) a Basic Grant and (ii) a Performance Grant. The purpose of the Basic and Performance Grant recommended by the 14 FC is for planning and delivering of basic services smoothly and effectively. A '14 Finance Commission Support Cell' is being created at National Institute of Urban Affairs to assist and to provide a technical support to the MOUD in analyzing state-wise action plans for the utilization of 14 FC grants and its monitoring mechanisms in accordance with the relevant State laws, rules, regulations, processes and procedures in analyzing detailed procedures of disbursement of performance grant to eligible ULBs within the states.
The activities of this Cell will be:
- Finalization of Compliance Verification Mechanism etc. for the year of 2016-17 in consultation with Ministry of Urban Development (MOUD) and Ministry of Finance (MOF).
- Coordination and follow up with states to make state action plan for ULBs as per the guidelines and advisory of MOF and MOUD respectively.
- Information received from all the states will be reviewed and compiled at NIUA and a thorough analysis would be undertaken by making a Management Information System (MIS).
- Making a MIS of ULBs level information to be provided by the states which they are receiving from ULBs for the claim of performance grant such as audited accounts, municipal finance information and service level indicators.
- Handholding of the States where ULBs are not able to access performance grants by communicating with them about the issues to be addressed by them.
- Technical Support to the MOUD in summarizing the state-wise issues.
- NIUA would also support MOUD in organizing two annual meetings of 'Coordination Committee of Municipalities', to discuss the state-wise issues and progress by the states as well as making recommendations for release of the 14 FC Grants.
NIUA requests applications for the following key positions under '14 Finance Commission Support Cell' .
1. Team Leader
2. Senior Project Associates (2 no's)
3. Project Associates (2 no's)
Duration of contract
Appointment for the above positions are purely contractual and shall initially be for one year but will be on extendable for one to three years more. However performance will be evaluated annually based on which the contract for service will be renewed from year to year.
How To Apply
Interested candidates with excellent credentials should send their detailed CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Position Applied For.................'.
Application Deadline: E-mails should be received latest by 22 November 2016.
General Qualification and Experience:
NIUA is looking for a multidisciplinary team for the project. Candidates will be selected on 'Best Fit' basis with regard to the team structure and required skills and experience. The Candidates should have Ph.D/Masters degree in Finance/Management/Economics/Urban Planning/Law/Science with relevant experience. The Candidates should have experience from 3 to 10 years in the relevant fields such as monitoring and evaluation of Urban sector reforms, Municipal Accounting and Budgeting practices, Municipal Governance and Municipal Tax Systems, Corporate and Municipal Bonds, Credit Ratings of Urban Local Bodies, and Escrow Accounts. Experience of working on Central Finance Commissions or State Finance Commissions will be an added advantage. They should have advanced knowledge of relevant IT tools/software, creating MIS and ability to travel at short notice.
Note : Date for submission of resumes has been extended till 30th November, 2016. Those who have already submitted their resumes, need not submit it again.
Terms of Reference
Preparation of Program Manual
For ‘Innovation Hub for Urban WASH Solutions’ Project
National Institute of Urban Affairs, Delhi (NIUA), a premier research institute under Ministry of Urban Development (Government of India, GoI), in association with Taru Leading Edge, IRC and Ennovent, and with the strategic collaboration of YES BANK and Valluri Technology Accelerators, has initiated a project ‘Innovation Hub for Urban WASH Solutions’ which is supported and funded by USAID. The project will support the development of scalable solutions for urban water, sanitation and hygiene in India within the national, regional, state and city framework. The hub will lead activities that support the national and state urban initiatives (AMRUT, SBM, SMART City Programs) and proactively engage with a wide range of partners, including the private sector, to discover and develop innovations and devise intervention strategies and business models for delivering effective, affordable and sustainable WASH solutions in the Indian context. The initiative will contribute significantly to achieving the recently adopted Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 6: for clean water and sanitation to all, besides other SDG commitments and other national commitments by the GoI.
The primary goal of the initiative will be to improve urban WASH sector performance through incubation and acceleration of innovative solutions, technologies, programs and service delivery models within a collaborative framework. A core element of the initiative is to build partnerships with and between public, government (national/state/local), civil society, private sector stakeholders, academia, donors, etc. dedicated to establishing shared visions and improving WASH outcomes, as well as facilitating knowledge sharing among cities, states and national platforms. The project shall be piloted in 3 cities in 3 different states in India, over a period of 3 years.
To support the above project more effectively, NIUA is planning to engage the services of a firm which can prepare programme manual for the project that will help in establishing well defined rules, policies, norms, process of application.
To prepare the programme manual, contextualizing the above project and implementing institution,on implementation and monitoring mechanisms, policies and procedures on human resource management, consultant and vendor management, financial management, procurement, admin management, IT management, audit systems, internal record and data management systems, delegation systems, management information systems and overall quality assurance.
Scope of Work
- Review of the current policies, rules, and procedure of the implementing agency through desk reviews and consulting various stakeholders
- Identification of strengths and gaps and suggesting improvements in line with best practicesand standards related to implementation and monitoring mechanisms, policies and procedures on human resource management, consultant and vendor management financial management, procurement, admin management IT management, audit systems, internal record and data management systems, delegation systems, management information systems and overall quality assurance
- Drafting programme manual that will include policies, procedures, charters, relevant flow charts, formats, and templates
- Sharing for feedback through consultation and expert review appointed by the client agency.
- Finalizing of programme manual with all feedback incorporated.
- Lead the orientation workshop on programme manual (logistics to be provided by client) for the staff and relevant stakeholder of the implementing agencies.
- Inception Report on approach, plan and findings from review and consultation.
- Draft programme manual that will include policies, procedures, charters, relevant flow charts, formats, and templates
- Final Programme Manual
The agency is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Should have at least 5-10 years’ similar experience
- Should have team having experience of working on similar assignment
- Should have strong organizational credibility, logistics, and systems to carry out such assignments
- Proven track record of on-time performance
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, brief, analytical reports
30 days assignment from date of signing the contract
Interested qualified firm are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- An understanding of the requirements, methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Project delivery plans
- Team composition and task assignment
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments
- Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents
- Financial bid with applicable taxes
The consultant will report to the Director, NIUA but work closely with the relevant officers of project, finance/admin/IT/HR teams and others who will be their contact persons within the organization.
Terms & Conditions
Proposals must be received by the designated deadline, or they may not be considered.
- Offer Validity
Your proposal must remain valid for a minimum of 6 months. Proposals should be signed by an official authorized to do so.
The most competitive proposal is requested. NIUA reserves the right to request responses to questions and conduct negotiations with any potential offeror prior to awarding a contract.
- Rejection of Proposal
This document is a request for proposals only, and in no way binds NIUA to make an award. NIUA reserves the right to reject any and all offers received and/or to cancel the RFP. Offerors whose proposals are not selected will be notified within 15 days of selection of the successful firm/organization. NIUA will not be obliged to provide a justification for rejection of proposals.
- Incurring Costs
NIUA is not liable for any cost incurred during preparation, submission, or negotiation of an award for this RFP. All documentation and/or materials submitted with the proposal shall become and remain the property of NIUA.
- Award Basis
All responsive proposals will be rated based on a consistent selection criteria. NIUA will consider value for money while deciding the award. NIUA anticipates awarding a Fixed Price contract to be awarded once a firm/organization has been selected. The awarded contract will include a statement of the total fixed price; the scope of work with stated deliverables and due dates; the guiding USAID/GOI/NIUAclauses (if applicable); and invoicing information. Please be advised that under a fixed price contract the work must be done within the specified total price and the time. Any expenses incurred in excess of the agreed upon amount in the contract will be the responsibility of the firm/organization and not that of NIUA. Therefore, the offeror is advised to provide it’s most competitive and reasonable cost proposal to cover all foreseeable expenses related to the tasks outlined in the Scope of Work.
Overall, evaluation criteria follow the below:
Technical Proposal (clarity/approach, methodology, plans)
Relevant Experience of the firm
Relevant Experience of the Proposed Staff
Financial Proposal (Cost effectiveness)
Proposals must certify the financial viability and adequacy of resources of the firm/organization to complete the proposed assignment within the agreed time frame and in conformity with the terms of payment mentioned below. NIUA reserves the right to request and review up to the last three financial statements and audit reports as part of the basis of the award.
Payments will be made on the following basis:30% within seven days of signing of contract and 70% upon satisfactory acceptance by NIUA as set forth in the contract.The offeror will submit an invoice for payment after being notified of receipt and acceptance of the final deliverable by the NIUA designated point of contact.
Interested firms are requested to submit the technical & financial proposals for Preparing Program Manual by November 28, 2016 by 5.30 pm in sealed envelope and write the subject on envelope “Preparing Program Manual” to be delivered to Director, National Institute of Urban Affairs
1st Floor, Core 4B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Please note that no application will be accepted without a technical proposal and budget.
Call for applications for Roster of Experts and Short-term Consultants
Applications are requested from individual experts and short-term consultants to be members to the roster of experts for the Inclusive Urban Revitalisation Program in India centred on the heritage assets in the historic towns and cities.
Areas of Expertise:
- Urban Planning/Development Planning/Other equivalent international expertise
- Urban Heritage Conservation
- Urban Infrastructure
- Urban Finance
- Community Development
- Urban Transportation
- State Coordinator (Urban Planner/Development Planner/urban development professional)
- Urban Planner / Development Planner
- City Team Leader (Urban Planner/urban development professional)
- Expert on Heritage Conservation
- Infrastructure Expert
- Finance Expert
- Community Development Expert
Only professionals having high qualification and strictly matching qualifications with the TOR's should respond to the call for applications. Kindly mention the expertise in the subject line of the e-mail. Send your CVs strictly in the given format.
Last date of application is December 5th, 2016
Download Full Advertisement
Download Format for CV