II. Request for Proposal Baseline Study of Cities for the project “Innovation Hub for Urban WASH Solutions”
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)-Delhi, a premier research institute under Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), GoI in association with TARULeading Edge, IRC and Ennovent, is implementing a project ‘Innovation Hub for Urban WASH Solutions’. This project will support development of scalable solutions for urban WASH in India within the national, state and city framework.It will be pilot tested in three cities (Faridabad, Udaipur, and Mysore) over a period of three years.
Scope and Methodology of the Assignment
Following is broad scope for this assignment:
- Planning and designing of the baseline study in consultation with client /relevant experts.
- Primary data collection within quantitative and qualitative framework in study city; Data analysis and interpretation.
- Collect relevant information on WASH sector from city (latest documents like CDP, CSP, maps, reports etc.).
- Consultations with different stakeholders (e.g. state Govt., ULB, academia, pvt. entrepreneurs, leading NGO, community groups etc.) to conduct Focused Group Discussion on need assessment and various possibilities to improve WASH sector.
- Documentation of good case studies from respective state/city that demonstrates good practices/failure of implementation in WASH sector.
- Identification of potential clusters in city to implement innovative Sanitation solutions.
- Incorporating feedback in the final report from NIUA.
- A final presentation of main results highlighting important analysis and trends.
Interested firms are requested to submit the technical proposals for Conducting Baseline Study by Mar 31, 2017 by 5.30
pm to the following address
National Institute of Urban Affairs
Core 4-B, First Floor, India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003
The outer envelope containing proposal should be marked clearly as “Consultancy Services for Baseline Study of Cities for the project Innovation Hub for Urban WASH Solutions”
Please note that no application will be accepted without a technical proposal.